Author Topic: Military Trade  (Read 69008 times)

Tchad

Military Trade
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2005, 07:04:43 PM »
Quote from: New Southern Africa
But what your nation is simply failing to realise is that not every nation in NSAfrica wishes to be a part of the African Union.  In this case, the NSA government knows good and well that the SR of Southwest Afrika does not wish to be a part of it.  They tend to be leaning more toward their own independence away from the political realm of Africa.  The only organisations they have joined were to directly promote their own capitalism.  You have yet to see that it is not dynamic in African Union affairs and it surely will not be.  This has been made certain by President William Miller as I'm sure he'd be willing to make a press statement regarding this.

[OOC: Bo, make a statement.  This needs to pass over.]

Aside from being an AU resolution its an under the table thing, like i said earlier, it falls under godmodding, no nuclear weapons to nations with pop stats under 1 billion.
We might as well give them Space Technology then and missile defence systems while we're at it.

:roll:

South Africa

Military Trade
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2005, 07:07:49 PM »
Roll your eyes all you want.  I'm sure you are beleaguered by the fact that I have decided not to press action against this issue.  

Another thing is that this resolution is supposedly unwritten which thus constitutes that the resolution existed previously but not now.  If you want to enforce political action, start a new resolution so you have reference to use.

Don't think that I'm being critical or ignorant, I'm just simply stating that how are we to enforce a political action against a nation who could careless about the political affairs of members of the African Union?

Edit: If it makes you any happier, the NSA government has proposed a treaty to the governments of Southern Africa to limit strategic arms.  (Follow link: http://nationstatesafrica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=258 )

South Africa

Military Trade
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2005, 07:15:54 PM »
So Tchad is now developing a satellite system and strategic arms.  As far as this issue is concerned with your nation, you have done the same as Southwest Afrika... contradiction at its finest.

Tchad

Military Trade
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2005, 07:49:23 PM »
So Tchad is now developing a satellite system and strategic arms.  As far as this issue is concerned with your nation, you have done the same as Southwest Afrika... contradiction at its finest.

im sure you're new here. if you paid attention you'd realise i hinted that these projects were already in existance but merely deactivated due to reasons beyond Tchad's control.

and im not "beleaguered" (let me reach for my dictionary) by the "fact" that you're not pressing this issue. im just telling you how things are done here or atleast the "general concensus" on this matter.

A resolution, in this case writen, remains in force no matter how long ago it was written and if you were around long enough you'd notice that the website was moved from another server and important documents have been lost in the process.

South Africa

Military Trade
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2005, 07:51:08 PM »
Well then reproduce them.  I'm glad the Tchadian government has realised that I'm new to the NSAfrica realm.  I just find it hilarious that they think I'm uninformed of the political issues at hand.  I apologise for the "misconception".  Sorry you had to reach for your dictionary.  Simple term, confused.

Tchad

Military Trade
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2005, 08:00:26 PM »
Well then reproduce them.  I'm glad the Tchadian government has realised that I'm new to the NSAfrica realm.  I just find it hilarious that they think I'm uninformed of the political issues at hand.  I apologise for the "misconception".  Sorry you had to reach for your dictionary.  Simple term, confused.

if you say u're abrest of the situation then why does it surprise you that Tchad (wickedville) has these projects? im not exactly obvlious to the fact that you are relatively new only just pointing that out for added emphasis, a sort of "play ya position son, ya dig?"
Basically, all im saying is this is what everyone has agreed to, and even then nations are encouraged to disarm or face sanctions. a nation can only speak of nuclear weapons if their nation has 1 billion NS pop stats, thats the only condition apart from that you can nuke urself and the rest of the world to kingdom come but rest assured you'll be kicked, ya dig? :D

South Africa

Military Trade
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2005, 08:08:41 PM »
It doesn't surprise me.  I end the arguement.  It's not up to me to decide how political affairs are convened here obviously, it's up to the established more "ever-changing" nations of NSAfrica.  Sorry for stepping your toes.

Tchad

Military Trade
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2005, 08:19:45 PM »
It doesn't surprise me.  I end the arguement.  It's not up to me to decide how political affairs are convened here obviously, it's up to the established more "ever-changing" nations of NSAfrica.  Sorry for stepping your toes.

no offense taken. we're even more pleased with your contributions, makes the place more dynamic and less stagnant wait till u find urself entangled in a major war...it gets exciting... oooh the suspense :idea:

Mulgaria

Military Trade
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2005, 06:13:12 PM »
OOC: [The 1 billion population rule is a NationStates thing, not a NSAfrica thing. It is not required on NSAfrica (this game) to have your NS nation have more than 1 billion people. NS populations have no bearing here.

Want nukes? No problem! Just say your starting work on them, like either here or on the intelligence thread, wait six months, and you have your nukes. That's how the other nation here got them. That's how Zububu got them.

HINT: If you can make friends with a nation that already has nukes, you can speed things up considerably.  :D

The waiting period for chemical/biological weapons has not been decided, but you should probably wait a month or so for them, unless you can get a helpful friend.

Sometimes, it's not what you know, it's who you know.]

Tchad

Military Trade
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2005, 07:38:05 AM »
Quote from: Mulgaria
OOC: [The 1 billion population rule is a NationStates thing, not a NSAfrica thing. It is not required on NSAfrica (this game) to have your NS nation have more than 1 billion people. NS populations have no bearing here.

Want nukes? No problem! Just say your starting work on them, like either here or on the intelligence thread, wait six months, and you have your nukes. That's how the other nation here got them. That's how Zububu got them.

HINT: If you can make friends with a nation that already has nukes, you can speed things up considerably.  :D

The waiting period for chemical/biological weapons has not been decided, but you should probably wait a month or so for them, unless you can get a helpful friend.

Sometimes, it's not what you know, it's who you know.]

OOC - well guys 6 months is a long time, if i were yall i'd argue and go with the 1 billion pop thing. cos thats what many nations quoted on the last forum and i think it still counts.

Offline Djiboutian States

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 1
    • http://Djiboutianstates.tripod.com
    • Email
Military Trade
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2005, 08:01:26 AM »
6 months has always been the length. I don't know where the 1 billion population thing came from, but I do know that I had to wait a full 6 months before I could have the technology for nuclear power (not weapons).
From the desk of Optimus Prime Minister.

New Guinea-Bissau

Military Trade
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2005, 08:46:02 AM »
Quote from: Tchad

OOC - well guys 6 months is a long time, if i were yall i'd argue and go with the 1 billion pop thing. cos thats what many nations quoted on the last forum and i think it still counts.

I was on this forum a while back (when Mulgaria was formed and Rodavia was part of the ADL or whatever we called it) and I cannot remember anyone ever mentioning the 1 Billion pop rule - was always the 6 months thing.

Zarathushtra

Military Trade
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2005, 09:41:53 AM »
Zarathushtra is in need of more military equipment. Although we are still using old Kashu equipement, we are interested in aquiring spare parts, as well as other major, modern weapons platforms.

We have much oil, so payment will not be a problem.

Astoria Admin

Military Trade
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2005, 09:44:29 AM »
Quote from: Zarathushtra
Zarathushtra is in need of more military equipment. Although we are still using old Kashu equipement, we are interested in aquiring spare parts, as well as other major, modern weapons platforms.

We have much oil, so payment will not be a problem.

If you wish to deal with German made military weapons, etc, we'd like faith in your motives, and meetings to be held.  We don't just trust your nation with our weaponry.  Unless you want hand me downs.

Hein

Military Trade
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2005, 03:34:20 PM »
Indeed, we bought considerable amounts of U235 from Adnagu in the past.  And, we share a border with Mulgaria and a considerable one with the Deutscher Freistaaten.

Zarathushtra

Military Trade
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2005, 06:46:52 PM »
The greatness that is Zarathushtra demands the best of the best.

We desire simply to strengthen our defenses so as to ensure the sanctity of our borders and homeland.

Offline Djiboutian States

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 1
    • http://Djiboutianstates.tripod.com
    • Email
Military Trade
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2005, 07:17:59 PM »
Zarathushtra, it has become increasingly clear that the rest of the world wishes to not work with our eastern nations, we must rely on each other and our Sinai neighbor, Akhtendum to procure weaponry. Though we have not been the greatest military producer in the region we have become increasingly aware that the only way for the east to protect itself is through its own means. Work with us and we shall build a dominate eastern defense.

Adien Ssoreb
Minister of National Defense
From the desk of Optimus Prime Minister.

The Transvaal

Military Trade
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2005, 06:48:08 AM »
SW Afrika

We have begun to research nuclear, biological, and chemical technolodgy. Nuclear research will probably be finished early November of this year. Chemical and biological research will be completed around July of this year. M1A1 Abrams have never been produced and and neither have F117 or B-2 bombers. All US weaponry is not being produced in SW Afrika.

President William Miller

OOC Ill comply with the nuke and chem and bio stuff along wit the US technolodgy. I will begin to change the names of my weaponry and if u want to know wut it is than just ask. Thank you. I am not tryin to threaten the African Nations, i just would like to begin and influential and thriving nation among the rest.

Rhodesia

Military Trade
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2005, 07:15:21 AM »
Most of my equipment is licensed produced European stuff- major thing being JAS-39 Gripen for the air force. Rooivalks are licensed built as will.

As for ground technology, almost exclusively British-license-built in Rhodesia

Green Free State

Military Trade
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2005, 05:23:44 PM »
Quote from: New Guinea-Bissau
Quote from: Tchad

I was on this forum a while back (when Mulgaria was formed and Rodavia was part of the ADL or whatever we called it) and I cannot remember anyone ever mentioning the 1 Billion pop rule - was always the 6 months thing.

Yeah but it doesn't make sense for a 5 million pop. nation with a bad economy (and little funding to military/science) to sign up and on the first day announce that they're starting a nuclear weapons program, then 6 months to the day they have it.