Author Topic: Military Trade  (Read 68724 times)

Offline Akhtendum

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: -4
    • Email
Military Trade
« on: March 13, 2005, 02:07:45 PM »
This thread is Out Of Character, 100%

What is listed in this thread?
- Any and all military trades that you wish to make, or have consented to make with other nations.

Why should I list it here?
- So that we know you have made the trade

But I don't want you to know! I'm invading Berlin on Tuesday and it's a secret!
- Everything here will be acknowledged OOC and remain a secret IC. It's slightly similar to the National Intelligence Agencies thread, except even more OOC. Nothing here is known IC, except by the nations that make the trades.

So what is this thread again?
- This is basically an arms bazaar with the lid off for OOC clarity

And remind me; why does anybody care?
- *Sigh* Alright, here's an example. The USSR sends nuclear weapons to Hein as a part of their clandestine trade. Shortly later, the player of the USSR fades into cyberspace, goes on extended holiday, quits, whatever. This thread is the evidence. When Hein decides to threaten the Western Hemisphere with nuclear winter, here is the evidence that Hein can actually do so

I don't understand...
- That's not a question

Will you explain it better?
- No. Watch what goes on in this thread and learn, grasshopper...

My arms hurt. What can I do?
- Stop biting them

This thread is brilliant. I hate you!
- If this thread proves unpopular or useless, I shall delete it. Until then, it remains a valuable experiment
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 10:00:30 PM by Danish Commonwealth »

Offline Hiiraan

• Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: -12
Military Trade
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 03:36:56 PM »
I understand this to be a record of Military Trades and not the actual sales of Military Hardware....
New Theory to the World

Green Free State

Military Trade
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 04:53:20 PM »
Buying and selling things (technical term 'goods') is the chief form of commerce, which is often referred to as trade. Money is completely worthless. Except between a group of people who agree that is has worth and are willing to trade something they have for that slip of paper, which they can trade over to someone else for other goods.

Green Free State's military is only slightly more effective than Canada's. Although we currently enjoy an undefeated record after the last war with Wickedville. As has been mentioned in another thread, Green Free State has been supplied by military equipment from Warlordia and The Territory for years.

Offline Akhtendum

• Advanced Nation
    • Email
Nukes 4 Cash!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 09:04:28 PM »
Akhtendum agrees to the purchase of very illegal and completely prohibited nuclear weapons from Borisgrad. The ex-Soviet weapons are old and obsolete, but the detonators and payloads are easily extractable and usable.
Akhtendum got a great deal, paying as much money as we would for scrap metal, certainly not enough to fund responsible destruction of the weapons. The weapons will be transported by rail to the Black Sea, and then shipped to Alexandria.
Whether Akhtendum intends to dispose of the ordinance cheaply, or use it for unguessed-at purposes, nobody knows!

Mulgaria

Military Trade
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 11:40:15 AM »
Mulgaria still in possession of 350+ submarine launched nuclear missles and warheads. As Mulgaria is not a member of the AU, and was not a member of the AU during the time of the nuclear disarmanent talks, Mulgaria was not obligated to do so.

The Mulgarian arms industry self reliant.

Green Free State

Military Trade
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 07:47:42 PM »
Green Free State has a Warlordian-purchased navy. Oh that's right, you bet we do. But you'll never guess where it is. 8)

/real smarmy look

Borisgrad

Military Trade
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 04:56:58 PM »
Borisgrad begins purchasing fissile material on various black markets

Offline Hiiraan

• Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: -12
Military Trade
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 03:29:08 PM »
Hiiraanese Sells:

The Following Purchases have been given to the Benghazy Goverment at a Reduced Price, while some were just free.

--------------------

18 HB-434 Fortress Bombers
5  HF0-78 Dark Iron
34 HT-900s ( HT-902, HT-943, HT-923 )
3 HOV-1 Abdullahi Class Battleships
1 Mohamed Class Carriers.

Total Cost: About 500,000,000,000 ( 500 Billion )

Benghazy's Cost: 5.5 Billion
New Theory to the World

Offline Djiboutian States

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 1
    • http://Djiboutianstates.tripod.com
    • Email
Military Trade
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 03:54:34 PM »
With a less than stellar arms industry Djiboutian States has begun looking for defensive batteries/hardware.
From the desk of Optimus Prime Minister.

Tchad

Military Trade
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 04:43:02 AM »
Tchadians Millitary Arms Industry has decayed due to lack of researchers and developers most of whom left the country during the wickedville regime and prior to the civil war.
Millions of dollars had gone into the research and development of Afrikanner Enclave made Aircraft, firearms and Tanks.

Contracts are now being handed out to foreign companies that are interested in trading, developing or aiding in the research of weaponry for the Tchadian defense forces.

Astoria Admin

Military Trade
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 05:07:33 AM »
Astoria supplying rifles and ammunition to Hein, Sovetsky Soyuz, and Narsus.
Tanks also in supply to the Soviets...
Jeeps and other smaller vehicles given Hein and Narsus...

OOC {
Volkswagen shall rule the world!  :shock:
}

Offline Akhtendum

• Advanced Nation
    • Email
Military Trade
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 06:18:37 AM »
Quote from: Astorian Maine
OOC {
Volkswagen shall rule the world!  :shock:
}

RIP Rover MG  :oops:

Benghazy

Military Trade
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 04:52:26 AM »
Quote from: Hiiraan
Hiiraanese Sells:

The Following Purchases have been given to the Benghazy Goverment at a Reduced Price, while some were just free.

--------------------

18 HB-434 Fortress Bombers
5  HF0-78 Dark Iron
34 HT-900s ( HT-902, HT-943, HT-923 )
3 HOV-1 Abdullahi Class Battleships
1 Mohamed Class Carriers.

Total Cost: About 500,000,000,000 ( 500 Billion )

Benghazy's Cost: 5.5 Billion

Benghazy Will  consider the fact of buying these items.
What kind of army are these units___ can we have fotos.Are naval,air,land units.We woul like some more information before we consider the buying of some of the items.Our government is not very well with modern technologies so please excuse us

The Transvaal

Miller Arms
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 01:11:25 PM »
MILLER ARMS PRODUCES THE FOLLOWING AIRCRAFT.

--Bomber
MAB01
MAB02
--Anti-submarine
MAAS11
MAAS12
--Unmanned
MAU21
MAU22
--Ground Attacker
MAGA31
MAGA32
--Fighter
MAF41
MAF42
MAF43
MAF44
--Cargo
MAC51
MAC52
MAC53
--Tanker
MATA61
MATA62
--Special Air Mission
MASA71
MASA72
MASA73
--Combat Search and Rescue
MACR81
MACR82
MACR83
--Rotary
MARR91
MARR92
MARR93
MARR94
MARR95
--Trainer
MATT101
MATT102
MATT103

MILLER ARMS PRODUCES THE FOLLOWING GROUND UNITS:

--Tanks
MGT01
MGT02
--Armed Transport
MGAT11
MGAT12
MGAT13
--Transport
MGT21
MGT22
MGT23
--Ambulances
MG#A31
MG#A32
--Cargo
MGC41
MGC42
MGC43
MGC44
--SCUD
MGSCUD
--Anti Aircraft
MGAA51
MGAA52
--Amphibeous
MGAW61
MGAW62
MGAW63

MILLER ARMS PRODUCES THE FOLLOWING WEAPONS:

--Anti Infantry
MWI01
MWI02
MWI03
MWI04
MWI05
MWI06
MWI07
--Anti Tank
MWT11
MWT12
MWMT13
--Anti Aircraft
MWAA21
MWAA22
--Grenades
MWG31
MWG32
MWG33
MWG34
--Explosive
MWX41
MWX42
MWX43

Offline Djiboutian States

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 1
    • http://Djiboutianstates.tripod.com
    • Email
Military Trade
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 02:38:26 PM »
(OOC: We do not allow stealth (i.e.F-117, B-2) as this is only used by one nation and is a highly guarded secret. It is then expected that none of our nations would have acquired the plans to make stealth aircraft, especially a brand new nation.)
From the desk of Optimus Prime Minister.

Astoria Admin

Military Trade
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 11:17:03 PM »
Quote from: Djiboutian States
(OOC: We do not allow stealth (i.e.F-117, B-2) as this is only used by one nation and is a highly guarded secret. It is then expected that none of our nations would have acquired the plans to make stealth aircraft, especially a brand new nation.)

OOC {
Exactly, we don't allow nations to just have any old military equipment they want.  The United States develops a lot of that material, and remember, the United States exists, we just don't have it roleplayed.  So there is no way you could have any stealth equipment.  Normally, if you want something, say for example, a Eurofighter, you'd have to goto where it is produced.  That being Europe.  We do allow most weapons to be widespread, but nothing top of the line.  Those belong to the various nations.  Being in South Africa, I believe you'd have access to top of the line British weaponry.  However, you might not have much, I haven't looked at your budget.  

So for example, nobody in Africa can claim to have anything Israeli made, because nobody has confirmed weapons trade with Israel-Palestine.

Just keep in mind everyone, unlike most other regions, we don't just start making up number here in NSAfrica.  We used to do that and it ended up people would just start arguing during war, etc...
}

Hein

Military Trade
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2005, 11:20:52 PM »
Usually I am a pacifist, and I have fought most of my wars with cannons, gattling guns, GA missile turrets and men on horseback.

What technology is produced in my territories?

Astoria Admin

Military Trade
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2005, 11:24:48 PM »
Quote from: Hein
Usually I am a pacifist, and I have fought most of my wars with cannons, gattling guns, GA missile turrets and men on horseback.

What technology is produced in my territories?

EU Technology, thank you to Austria.

Hein

Military Trade
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 11:26:02 PM »
I mean in depth, when you have time.

Tchad

Military Trade
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2005, 04:26:18 AM »
South Africa has a very good defence industry. mostly developoment of european made technology and sometimes creating their own.

Tchad has gotten its missile R&D back on line and shortly funds will be pumped into the development of Short Range Missiles and Medium range ballistic missiles