Author Topic: World Economic Debrief  (Read 8755 times)

Offline The United Norse Federation.

• African Union
  • Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 3
    • Email
Re: World Economic Debrief
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 04:38:48 PM »
Not to mention homes damaged and/or left in disrepair after the previous wars.

That is also covered, thanks Dan. :-D
Nexus Alliance

• African Union
  • Advanced Nation
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2010, 05:54:21 PM »
Recently, small and large business entities have begun operations to increase the export of fish products. Fish farming is a reletivly new consept, due to the pressure from enviormentalist groups to explore new fishing techinques. Fish are kept a confinded enviorment in the Baltic Sea, fed a rich diet of protines and supplements twice as much as what they find in the wild. In three to four weeks they mature, and begin to lay eggs. On the fith week they are fished out, processed, and sent to market. As of now the Federation stands as number one in the fishing industry and export, seconded by the Democracy of China. This is a measure to ensure the Federation will remain dominate in the fish markets.

Nexus Alliance

Offline HOE

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: -18
  • Holy Orthodox Empire
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2010, 04:16:23 AM »
Im sorry but what fish are you talking about, because i know of no fish in the baltic that goes from eggs to mature in 5 weeks.

Offline Republic of Stellaland

• Victoria League
  • Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: 15
  • In hoc Signo Vinces
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2010, 06:58:44 AM »
I have to agree with HOE. Lets get some dry facts on the table. Take for instance the two most fished species in the Baltic Ocean. The Cod and the Baltic Herring (basicly identical to Atlantic Herring, but smaller).

Quote from: Wikipedia
"Cod reach maturity at about 50 centimetres (20 in) at about 3 to 4 years of age."
"At one year they are about 10 centimeters (3.9 in) long, first spawning at 3 years."

Offline Hobbeebia

• The Opposition
  • Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: 11
  • The Majestic Imperium of Hobbeebia
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 09:47:46 AM »
With the Thorium plants now fully intergrated into the power grid. The Hobbeebian Imperial Ministry of Energy is looking to sell excess power to nations bordering current suppliee's. Currently excess energy is being supplied to the peoplein the surounding provinces not currently under Imperial rule. However the flow of power is generally beyond the capacity of the l;ines in place and has been overloading currently installed hardware. A deal is being brokered to help restore power to these areas.
<br /><br />http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eos/index.php?act=idx<br />- High Fantasy Character/Nation Simulation RPG made by me!

• Victoria League
  • Diplomatic Nation
  • In hoc Signo Vinces
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 10:04:40 AM »
The tourist sector in Stellaland have noticed an increase lately.

Heavy marketing campains in Europe have been largely successfull. The target have been middle-class and upper-class residents of Europe. The tourism is expected to increase in the winter months, as Europeans escape cold weather to enjoy a vacation in Summery Stellaland. The average income in Stellaland is far beyond European standards, making Stellaland a fairly cheap holiday destination.

• African Union
  • Advanced Nation
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 10:24:58 AM »
Im sorry but what fish are you talking about, because i know of no fish in the baltic that goes from eggs to mature in 5 weeks.

OOC: My bad, I misread the artical, it would take, depending of the species up twords to five years for sexual maturity.

As for facts, I have this artical here, it really is useful. And for the LU, you could also use this since there are fish here named in your sea as well, such as the largest tuna, the Bluefinned.

http://seagrant.gso.uri.edu/factsheets/tuna.html
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:32:26 AM by The United Norse Federation. »
Nexus Alliance

• African Union
  • Advanced Nation
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 11:58:44 AM »
I have to agree with HOE. Lets get some dry facts on the table. Take for instance the two most fished species in the Baltic Ocean. The Cod and the Baltic Herring (basicly identical to Atlantic Herring, but smaller).

Quote from: Wikipedia
"Cod reach maturity at about 50 centimetres (20 in) at about 3 to 4 years of age."
"At one year they are about 10 centimeters (3.9 in) long, first spawning at 3 years."

OOC: This here got me thinking. We all know we get most of our meat from farms, and this is another step twords domestication. But what I am wondering, with today's breeding and enriching projects and all other sorts of endevors, I could possibly shave off a few months to maybe a year if I am lucky. BUT!!! It does come with risk, and I am not sure if it is even a safe investment to do this because enhancements can have a whole mess of things to go wrong. Feedback anyone?
Nexus Alliance

• Victoria League
  • Diplomatic Nation
  • In hoc Signo Vinces
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »
Well, you can always feed the fish with hormons. You will defenatly be able to cut of a few months, even a year. But the meats quality and possible health related issues from eating fish injected with hormones is always a concern.

Offline HOE

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: -18
  • Holy Orthodox Empire
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 02:22:32 PM »
Yeah hormones would work, or genetical modification to increase growth or mass could work. Problem with hormones is that you can get the same problem as the south american chickens. Jam packed with hormones makes girls as young as 7 get into puberty.

Offline Hobbeebia

• The Opposition
  • Diplomatic Nation
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2010, 02:30:33 PM »
Advanced maturity for Hobbeebians has always been of interest to the Adult Industry, which ironically has experienced booming growth in recent days...
<br /><br />http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eos/index.php?act=idx<br />- High Fantasy Character/Nation Simulation RPG made by me!

• African Union
  • Advanced Nation
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2010, 02:37:37 PM »
Advanced maturity for Hobbeebians has always been of interest to the Adult Industry, which ironically has experienced booming growth in recent days...

I guess there is a silver lineing in everything.
Nexus Alliance

Offline Hobbeebia

• The Opposition
  • Diplomatic Nation
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2010, 10:20:47 AM »
Hobbeebian Aerospace industries has seen great gains as of late with the world gearing itself for more and more space flights.  This has been music to some Hobbeebian economic analyists who were fearing a possible market stagnation.

Hobbeebian financial companies are also seeing good gains as the average person is saving, while companies are spending and looking for loans to help cover some losses. This and foriegn investments are seeing appropriate dividend returns.

Hobbeebian Arms industries are holding steady at current gains and losses.

The fast food industry in Hobbeebia has slowly been converting to healthy, organic foods which has seen a decrease in sales, however, overall wieght of most Hobbeebians has dropped by 12%.

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
  • World Relations: 63
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2010, 07:20:40 PM »
Warlordian economy still overheated with inflation as a result but the situation is showing signs of cooling down thanks to actions taken by the Warlordian Ministry for Logistics and Finance.

A major deal for cement and concrete warded to Stellaland.

• African Union
  • Advanced Nation
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 08:24:08 PM »
Markets today in the Oslo stock exchange saw a dip for the third week in a row, this has investors panicing over the potential losses that could be encured. However, some remain optimistic and say this is just a temporary flux.
Nexus Alliance

• Victoria League
  • Diplomatic Nation
  • In hoc Signo Vinces
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2010, 08:12:30 PM »
The Stellan economy have for the past weeks been in a sharp downhill because of the civil unrest. The JBSX (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) main index was free-falling for nearly a week as the international marked was scared, meaning that alot of brokers got rid of their stocks in an attempt to save their money. The JBSX main index dropped by 15% in two weeks, but is now slowly rising again. The Stellaland Rand was affected by this rapid drop. The exchange rate before the civil unrest was 7.81R = 1$, and is now currently at 8.55R = 1$.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:15:32 PM by Republic of Stellaland »

Offline South West Africa

• African Superpower
  • World Relations: 46
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2010, 01:25:52 AM »
The Mfasan economy continues to experience a small growth. The exportlevels, mainly to Africa and Asia are still rising, with the exception of exports to Stellaland, which have declined after the civil unrest. The Narundi Stock Exchange have also experienced it's main index falling as a result of the concerns the civil unrest has caused.

Offline Latin Union

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 8
  • Panlatinismus et Corporatismus
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2010, 08:44:42 AM »
The LU economy is experiencing reasonable growth due to increased trade with its Nexus allies. Domestically, native companies become more secure due to restructuring of the economy in preparation for the New LU constituition which is planned to take effect in 3 weeks.
"I believe in Rome, the Eternal, the mother of my country……I believe in the genius of Mussolini…and in the resurrection of the Empire."
NEXUS MEMBER

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
  • World Relations: 63
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2010, 05:21:26 AM »
Warlordia has reorganized several 1st Line Military formations to 2nd Line in order to free up manpower for the Warlordian market.

Offline The Commonwealth of Rhodesia

• Game Standards Moderator
  • Game Standards Board (GSB)
  • African Superpower
  • World Relations: 41
  • Sit Nomine Digna
    • NationStates page
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2010, 08:29:50 AM »
The Rhodesian economy is in danger of stagnating as the gap begins to close between growth and inflation.