Author Topic: PRESS: Crown Courier: News from España's Colony of Abeja  (Read 1152 times)

Abeja

PRESS: Crown Courier: News from España's Colony of Abeja
« on: March 08, 2007, 10:19:32 PM »

Crown Courier
News from España's Captaincy General of Abeja

His Majesty

Capitán General

Index of Issues
Issue 1
Issue 2
Issue 3
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:40:13 PM by Abeja »

Abeja

Re: Crown Courier: News from España's Colony of Abeja
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »

Domestic News

King Juan Carlos I Orders Fleet to Abeja
contribution from El Pais

SAN LOPEZ, Abeja (CC) - This morning, the HMS Principe de Asturias and the rest of the 6th Fleet ordered to Abeja by the King arrived. The fleet will provide sea and air security for the Colony of Abeja while providing other military support as needed. The Captain General is set to meet with the Fleet Commander as well as General Blanco. Other nations have taken notice of the movement which gives more legitimacy to Abeja, yet this movement is not being taken as hostile action.

ETA Terrorists Tracked Down in Lisbon
contribution from El Pais

ESPAÑA (EP) - A few days ago, the FATE (Fuerza Anti-Terrorista Espanola) captured members of the Basque terrorist group, ETA in the city of Lisbon. The Commander of FATE, Don Juan Fernando said that "ETA's second in command has been captured.". ETA was born during the rule of General Franco, for the purpose of rebellion.

Abejan Military Reorganization
by Castel Martín

SAN LOPEZ, Abeja (CC) - The Captain General announced military reorganization today. Thanks to increased support from España, several pieces of military equipment are being retired including the Pizarro, BMR-M1, VEC-M1, M56, and MIM-104. Additionally, the L-118 has been redesignated M119A1 and the MIM-23 redesignated as the HAWK TMD. Analysts say that this frees up several million pesetas that will be used for newer equipment and better training. The Captain General is always keeping the security of Abeja in mind.

International News

Anaweim Currency Changes Hands
contribution from Castel Martín

ANAWEIM (ANS) - The Anaweim Central Bank haswithdrawn all old Anaweim WZB notes from circulation and replace them with the new Anaweim Credit (A€). The ACB also included new measures it would take to fight inflation. Inflation rates skyrocketed as tensions flared last week over Anaweim-occupied Akhtendum. The international situation caused many investors to pull out of the Anaweim causing a temporary crash in the market. A spokesman for the Central Bank said the ACB had started measures to woe back investors adding that many private sector companies were pleased with the Anaweim Credit. Stock prices in the Anaweim continue to fall. Several regional governments have requested foreign aid as the public sector has been crippled by increasing costs and the redevelopment and reconstruction plan instituted by the Federal governement after the war.

While Abeja has no foreign aid budget to speak of, it is unclear whether España will assist the Anaweim Federation. Additionally, executives of the Spanish West Africa Company are saying that they have no interest in investing in Anaweim at this time.

Abeja

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 10:35:50 PM »

Domestic News

Security for the Populace
by Castel Martín

SAN LOPEZ, Abeja (CC) - On the street corners of downtowns in all Abejan major cities, one can be sure that they are secure in their person. The police installed over a thousand cameras the past week on orders from the Captain General to crack down on crime. The results have been felt as criminal cases have decreased which is good news for the Captain General's Office. The Captain General is committed to the security of Abeja and the people know it.

Archbishop Rico Amato Marín adds Harry Potter series to banned book list
by Liani Serrano

SAN LOPEZ, Abeja (CC) - This week, Archbishop Rico Amato Marín added the Harry Potter series of books to a growing banned book list. The Archbishop warns the people that the book is the work of the devil and evil sorcery and urges all faithful Catholics to burn any copies they may encounter. Additionally, the Captain General has added the series of books to the government's list of banned contraband which closely resembles the church's list in addition to other works of terror, satan, etc. The Captain General wants the people to know that Abejan security is of the utmost importance to him.

A New Industry for Abeja?
by Zenon Izquierdo

PUERTO TORO, Abeja (CC) - An increasing commodity that is seen unloaded from freighters are cars. As more people of Abeja enjoy the luxury of driving, more cars are being imported from abroad to fulfill the market demand. So much so that the Spanish West Africa Company is considering their own brand of automobile in addition to building manufacturing facilities in Abeja. However, some economists say that the Abeja market is too small to sustain any widescale automobile industry. Only time will tell whether this is merely a spike in a fickle market or a true forecast of things to come. One thing is certain: Information Technology Tycoons are bracing to be knocked off their pedestal as the top industry. For now though, they are savoring the limelight.

International News

AU Peacekeepers Killed by Anaweim Military
by Pilar Delgado

CAIRO, Egypt (CC) - Two peacekeepers in Egypt were murdered at the hands of Anaweim Soldiers today in a fiasco that has caught international attention. The Anaweim Military General Staff contends that the peacekeepers "posed a threat" to their soldiers. In a surprise release, the AU Secretary General has swept the issue under the rug by paying off the slain peacekeepers' families and agreed with the Anaweim Threat Assessment due to "no identification".

In Abeja, the Captain General released a detailed statement denouncing both the AU and the Anaweim Federation for allowing such a travesty to occur. "It is clear the AU has no interest in truly protecting Africa's security or pursuing agressive nations such as the Anaweim." Additionally, the Captain General said that Abeja will probably never join such an illegitimate organization such as the AU that doesn't even take the time to investigate what really happened and bring the murderers to justice. "No identification?! Ta loco! If there are AU peacekeepers in any nation, they have armbands! They are there to keep the peace. What the AU has created is a situation where any AU peacekeeper may be shot with no consequences. From this point forward, if any AU peacekeepers enter Abeja, I have authorized the Abejan Army to shoot first and ask questions later. It is clear that the AU has no capacity for shooting nor asking questions anymore."

Abeja ranked 10th in Region for Most Pro-Market Policies
by Chale Romero

GENEVA, Switzerland (CC) - The UN Released the top 10 nations for Most Pro-Market Policies this week. The Colony of Abeja ranked 10th. At the top of the list was The Territory followed by Straylight Run. In the middle of the pack was The Dictatorship of Xibeiguo followed by The Anaweim and The Empire of Rossheim.

The Captain General proclaimed this day as a colonial achievement and is proud of Abeja.

Abeja

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 07:40:06 PM »

Domestic News

Justice System Reform
by Castel Martín

SAN LOPEZ, Abeja (CC) - Security continues to be the top concern of Abeja as the Captain General reforms the justice system citing increased caseload and a need for lower courts. While in the past, the Captain General, or appointed official for the day, has served as the sole judge of Abeja's courts, increased crime and concerns for security have prompted a new program to be created.

The new program combines the efforts of police forces and judges to bring justice to Abeja. While the Captain General remains the Supreme Judge of Abeja on all matters, six Chief Judges have been appointed to each major city except for the capital. These Chief Judges oversee the former police officers who are now Street Judges and Magistrates.

Street Judges have all police powers. They determine probable cause and accept pleas and motions of the parties.

Magistrates have all powers of Street Judges, yet they determine the outcome of each case as well as the sentence or damages.

Chief Judges serve as appellate bodies while maintaining all powers of Magistrates and Street Judges.

There is estimated that the number of Street Judges will increase to one hundred thousand in the coming months while there will be fifty thousand magistrates.

Judges have been instructed to maintain sentencing within applicable guidelines set forth by the Captain General or His Majesty.

Rupert Rated PG-13
by Liani Serrano

SAN LOPEZ, Abeja (CC) - This week, Archbishop Rico Amato Marín denounced the Rupert series when they discussed matters usually reserved for the church such as marriage, sex, family values, and matters of death. The Spanish West Africa Company increased the rating of Rupert and has decreased the airtime alloted for the program.

Spanish West Africa Company inaugurates San Lopez-Tangiers Line
by Zenon Izquierdo

PUERTO TORO, Abeja (CC) - The Spanish West Africa Company has opened the first public rail line from San Lopez to Tangiers via Al-Yunis and Fort-de-Marguerite called the Spirit of Abeja. There are six trains that travel the line and ridership has been steady with 62% in the first week. The price of fares is 1 Pesata per leg. The Spanish West Africa Company is also looking to hire attendants and engineers that can speak more than one language. To apply, visit the nearest SWAC branch.

International News

Anaweim Internal Crisis?
by Pilar Delgado

ABUJA, Anaweim (CC) - A new Foreign Minister has been appointed for Anaweim; however, some disagree over the appointment of Minister Diallo. In her acceptance speech, she stressed the need for security, something the Captain General agrees with.

Kulakpolstak Annexes Czechoslovakia
by Chale Romero with contributions from Warsaw News Network

WARSAW, Kulakpolstak (WNN) - Upon his return to Warsaw today, Dictoria Tollen made an appearence to make his announcement of the annexation of Czechoslovakia.

"It is a glorious day for our country... The addition of Czechoslovakia is only a small step in the growth of our emerging Empire, and we will continue to seek out... the betterment and prosperity of all." 

Domestically, the Captain General welcomes the new colony to the world and looks forward to any future dealings with the Dictoria or Kulakpolstak.

Offline Glashima

• Administrator
  • African Superpower
  • World Relations: 77
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 09:32:05 PM »
CAIRO, Egypt (CC) - Two peacekeepers in Egypt were murdered at the hands of Anaweim Soldiers today in a fiasco that has caught international attention. The Anaweim Military General Staff contends that the peacekeepers "posed a threat" to their soldiers. In a surprise release, the AU Secretary General has swept the issue under the rug by paying off the slain peacekeepers' families and agreed with the Anaweim Threat Assessment due to "no identification".

In Abeja, the Captain General released a detailed statement denouncing both the AU and the Anaweim Federation for allowing such a travesty to occur. "It is clear the AU has no interest in truly protecting Africa's security or pursuing agressive nations such as the Anaweim." Additionally, the Captain General said that Abeja will probably never join such an illegitimate organization such as the AU that doesn't even take the time to investigate what really happened and bring the murderers to justice. "No identification?! Ta loco! If there are AU peacekeepers in any nation, they have armbands! They are there to keep the peace. What the AU has created is a situation where any AU peacekeeper may be shot with no consequences. From this point forward, if any AU peacekeepers enter Abeja, I have authorized the Abejan Army to shoot first and ask questions later. It is clear that the AU has no capacity for shooting nor asking questions anymore."

Should the newspaper of Abeja continue to spout such crap, They will find themselves quite a fair bit into the ground. Speaking down on the AU is something that is commonly done these, however a public threat has been issued aganist us as per above. Should a retraction not be printed you will find out exactly what shooting means. There will no mercy, and all consciquence. You have proven to be nothing more than jackasses with pens and paper. Though a new nation, you show the ignorance that a 5 year-old covets. I demand a retraction and an apolgy or when the shit hits the proverbial fan you will find yourself on the short end of the stick when it comes to getting any help at all. I will make it my personal mission to strain you of resources, military and just plain making your life a living hell. I promise this as my job as Hey Dudian foreign minister. This is slander and if you do not cease and desist in spin doctoring you crud and propogating that all efforts made by the AUSG are in folly then you will find out exactly the extent of Hey Dude's power is.

Hey Dudian Foreign Minister,
Chief Weinschat.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 09:36:26 PM by Hey Dude »

Abeja

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 12:10:53 AM »

Domestic News

WAR?
Hernandez's Mechanized Infantry Division Deploys to Tangiers
by Castel Martín

TANGIERS, Abeja (CC) - Division General Hernandez led a column of 25 M60 Main Battle Tanks into the surrounding lands located East of Tangiers. His division, consisting of ten thousand troops, were dispatched to the area during the release of a strongly worded statement from the Captain General to any enemies of the Colony.

In the statement, the Captain General repeated his policy of free fire upon any unauthorized AU Peacekeepers within Abeja and warned against any invasion.

The Captain General maintains a policy of the utmost security for Abeja and assures everyone that he is doing everything he can to protect the colony from any enemies.

Police Beat
by Liani Serrano

Lemonade Crime Syndicate Destroyed

SAN LOPEZ, Abeja (CC) - One of the first cases in the new judicial system was Captain General v. Fassed Andoni, a mulatto nine year old charged with fraud, embezzelment, and general lawlessness. A magistrate approved a warrant searching the boy's lemonade stand in addition to four other locations under his control. Street judges were appalled when they found no accounting records, business permit, or tax records. Judge Moreno found probable cause that Andoni committed a crime and the boy pleaded guilty in exchange for a lesser sentence. Magistrate Pardo sentenced the boy to eight years in prison with the possibility of parole after four.

Crown Court Reporter: Justice for You
by Zenon Izquierdo

Cases 04090701 & 04090702

KEY:

Italics= Court | DEF= Defendant | PD= Lawyer for the Defense | ~= Radio Transmission | ***= Execution

The Crown Court is now in session, the honorable Judge Guerrero presiding, Street Division Badge 1036. All parties are present and sworn. Do you have any representation?

DEF: Yes. My lawyer is here.

PD: Morning, sir. I am here for my client--

Alright, alright. For the crime of soliciting magazines without a license, breaking and entering, and general lawlessness, I find probable cause. How do you plead?

DEF: Not guilty.

Alright. ~1036 to HQ. I have a number one male charged with 10-42, 10-36, and 10-33. Probable cause has been found and the plea is not guilty, over.~

~HQ to 1036, Magistrate Dominguez, Badge 1045 finds the defendant guilty as charged. Sentence is death. You are free to execute.~

Salvador López, the Crown Court has found you guilty as charged. Your sentence is death--

PD: Now wait a minute. My client wants to appeal. We have the right to appeal. You can't just shoot him. Oh my God! You can't just shoot him!

Sir, if you do not maintain your professionalism, the court will find you in contempt. The execution is scheduled now.

PD: Oh my God! You just shot him.

~1036 to HQ, I have a number one male with 10-33, request backup.~

~Roger, 1036, backup is enroute.~

PD: What?! What did I do?!

Please state your name.

PD: I-it's Senon Arias. But what crime did I commit?! I was just doing my job!

The Crown Court is now in session, the honorable Judge Guerrero presiding, Street Division Badge 1036. All parties are present and sworn. Do you have any representation?

PD: N-N-NO. I am a lawyer.

Very well. The record reflects that you are representing yourself. For the crime of general lawlessness, I find probable cause. How do you plead?

PD: Not guilty. What was I doing?!

You request backup, 1036?

Yes, your honor. I have found probable cause for three counts of 10-33. Plea is not guilty.

Very well. I, Magistrate Campos, Badge 1054, find the defendant guilty as charged. Sentence is death. You are free to execute.

PD: Oh my God. Oh my God. Someone, please, help me. I have a--

International News

United Faiths Harbors Terrorists?
by Pilar Delgado

ABUJA, Anaweim (CC) - The Interior Minister of Anaweim has accused the once thought of peaceful nation of United Faiths of supporting terrorism, something the Captain General is not taking lightly. In a statement to the Anaweim Legislature, Anaweim Interior Minister Yusuf Muhammed said, "The Anaweim people need protection from terrorists and their supporters, like United Faiths for instance, which has, on a number of occasions, hosted terrorist organisations. Terrorism is illegal and to that effect the government making legislation to protect the people... The Anaweim is a firm believer in the rule of law and... our government upholds the rule of law and only makes laws that are constitutional."

The Captain General applauded the efforts of the Anaweim against terrorism and pledged his support against terrorist forces worldwide. In a show of support, the Captain General declared the crime of treason, espionage, and terror to carry the death penalty regardless of plea.

Jewish Terrorists Arrested
by Chale Romero

TEL AVIV, Israel (CC) - Last month, Anaweim forces stumbled upon fifteen Haganah leaders and arrested them on charges of terrorism. Haganah is known for using terror tactics against the Palestinians in the ongoing Arab-Israeli Conflict since 1948. No further information has been released from any government. The Captain General is committed to the security of Abeja and has pledged his support for anti-terrorist measures.

JosephKl

Путин победи
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 07:07:15 AM »

18 июня завершился Международный экономический форум в Петербурге, который проходит ежегодно и считается главной площадкой встречи российских и зарубежных предпринимателей.
Читать Путин победил журналиста CNN на информационном татами
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:02:35 AM by JosephKl »