Author Topic: History of NSA Diplomacy  (Read 5891 times)

Offline Persia

• Administrator
  • Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 11
    • Email
Re: History of NSA Diplomacy
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2012, 02:50:44 PM »
The name is fitting.
Former Nations: United Finjin States, Flamingo Ninja, Kurdistan, Balkan Federation, Limburg, Adriatic Republic

Offline Latin Union

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 8
  • Panlatinismus et Corporatismus
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 10:47:21 PM »
I remember reading some old threads involving Hey Dude and Flamingo Ninja when I first joined NSA, I was like WTF, lol. Very well RPed nations though, so I couldn't criticize.  :lol:

It seems like Warlordia has been around forever. I've always seen it as NSA's constant, it's there, always has been, always will be. Is Warlordia the oldest continuously RPed nation currently on NSA? I mean I've read posts that include Warlordia from WAY back......I've only been here for 4 yrs ( it'll be 5 years in August  :-D ).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:48:54 PM by Latin Union »
"I believe in Rome, the Eternal, the mother of my country……I believe in the genius of Mussolini…and in the resurrection of the Empire."
NEXUS MEMBER

Offline Glashima

• Administrator
  • African Superpower
  • World Relations: 77
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2012, 08:04:06 AM »
I remember reading some old threads involving Hey Dude and Flamingo Ninja when I first joined NSA, I was like WTF, lol. Very well RPed nations though, so I couldn't criticize.  :lol:

It seems like Warlordia has been around forever. I've always seen it as NSA's constant, it's there, always has been, always will be. Is Warlordia the oldest continuously RPed nation currently on NSA? I mean I've read posts that include Warlordia from WAY back......I've only been here for 4 yrs ( it'll be 5 years in August  :-D ).

Warlordia is the longest constant name to be RP'ed, Hey Dude (myself) joined next and Akhtendum was after that, but keep in mind that Akh was much more active than me for my first year.

Othala

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 12:38:49 PM »
Ahh NSA Diplomacy, yes it certainly has had its moments.

I recall when the Islamic Republic of Babylon sank a tanker in the Suez Canal, when the Global Defense Initiative was an ooc brainchild we poorly developed into an ic alliance that covered 1/3 of the map.  When my Russia, who evolved from The Imperium; invaded 11 countries in 5 days with armies chockablock full of Mammoth Tanks (RA2 style) and neal nearly shit his pants in response...  Then there was that time that ol Xiebegio (sp? friends) detonated gold salted nuc's in his own territory... that was a gooder  :evil:

Yes NSA Diplomacy is murkier now, it makes me think a second nation in terms of old style might be around the corner soon.

Offline The United Norse Federation.

• African Union
  • Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 3
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 07:52:13 PM »
Yeah, I noticed a lot of references to Command And Conquer, I use some myself. As for RPing, I have noticed that while a lot of people mess around in the sandbox, or Diplomacy room, obviously the War room is a favorite  :lol:  I myself have been trying to stay in the Economic thread.
Nexus Alliance

Offline Persia

• Administrator
  • Advanced Nation
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2012, 04:52:22 PM »

I recall when the Islamic Republic of Babylon sank a tanker in the Suez Canal, when the Global Defense Initiative was an ooc brainchild we poorly developed into an ic alliance that covered 1/3 of the map.  When my Russia, who evolved from The Imperium; invaded 11 countries in 5 days with armies chockablock full of Mammoth Tanks (RA2 style) and neal nearly shit his pants in response...  Then there was that time that ol Xiebegio (sp? friends) detonated gold salted nuc's in his own territory... that was a gooder  :evil:

Yes NSA Diplomacy is murkier now, it makes me think a second nation in terms of old style might be around the corner soon.

I thought someone else on here was the former Russia...hmmm...
Former Nations: United Finjin States, Flamingo Ninja, Kurdistan, Balkan Federation, Limburg, Adriatic Republic

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
  • World Relations: 63
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2012, 05:23:43 PM »
There was Pyotr, who was an actual Russian.

He had to stop playing since he had some extreme studies to take on and Russian universities kick you out if you fail a single exam and you have to reapply again next year apparently.

So he couldn't afford any distractions.

Offline Glashima

• Administrator
  • African Superpower
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2012, 01:08:24 AM »
Yeah, that was a sad event, he was a great guy!

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 03:58:52 AM »
Yeah, that was a sad event, he was a great guy!

I wonder how his studies fare?
I don't even remember what he was studying any more.

Offline Persia

• Administrator
  • Advanced Nation
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2012, 03:05:28 PM »
We need to track down the old players.

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2012, 03:37:11 PM »
It would be fun.
:)

Othala

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2012, 06:23:13 PM »

i do what I can; though you can rest easy, there are no major blocks of territory on my mind for mass whole-scale ww3 style invasion... though, that would be fun as hell to rp  :evil:

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2012, 06:58:36 AM »
Speaking of warfare, I have noticed that the war between nations have dropped in frequency but that these days we see more and more multi-national task forces on peace enforcement missions in various "Non governed" areas in the world.

This is actually kind of semi-realistic when we see how this is becoming more common in the real world as well.

What we are looking at is the spontaneous emergence of a hands-on peace enforcement attitude reminiscent of 1950's-1960's United Nations actions (Congo Crisis, Korean War and so on).

Offline Israel

• The Opposition
  • Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: -7
  • United in Diversity
    • Israel
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2012, 10:26:35 AM »

That was me. USSR became the Imperium. Back when Neal was my teacher, now of course the pupil has become the master.  :wink:

Offline Glashima

• Administrator
  • African Superpower
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »
Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.  :-P