Author Topic: Multistating!  (Read 10996 times)

Offline Democracy of China

• Administrator
  • African Superpower
  • World Relations: 40
    • Email
Multistating!
« on: June 20, 2011, 08:53:33 PM »
A lot of people have complained that the multistating rule is a bit overbearing and say that having a second nation to develop would benefit their inspiration, while this is still awaiting the admin staff approval I would like to get a public sense on this. I think that having players request new nations that remain totally independent of their primary nation would be a good way for us to RP more and to prevent things from getting stale. There are many arguments for this, at one point Dan had three nations, all were deep RPs that were completely independent and completely different. Brian RP'd three different nations, UF, Malawi and Kazakhstan, all of which different and well played. So, I think it would add depth to the site to allow you to explore more.

I propose that in order to have a secondary nation you must send a request to an admin of your choice, the admin will present the case to the admin board and they will approve. After such you will post in the corresponding OOC thread to let everyone know your secondary nation.

Please let me know your opinions and vote!
If we are bound to forgive an enemy, we are not bound to trust him.

Offline Persia

• Administrator
  • Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 11
    • Email
Re: Multistating!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 08:56:19 PM »
I agree with the idea of bringing it up to the admin board.
Former Nations: United Finjin States, Flamingo Ninja, Kurdistan, Balkan Federation, Limburg, Adriatic Republic

Offline Eritrea

• Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: 12
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 09:27:21 PM »
I too am broadly in agreement, with a couple of provisos:

1. It's important that any requests are resolved quickly. I fully appreciate that the admins are busy people and to date they've been pretty good at sorting things out in a timely manner, but I feel this needs to be said because the whole system will fall apart if people are kept waiting.

2. As I mentioned in the other thread, I feel very strongly that players, with admin approval, should be allowed to split off part of their main nation and develop that as a separate country, provided this is justified by their RP*. I also feel that the usual requirement for secondary nations to remain totally separate from the main nation should not apply in this case, for obvious reasons.

*When would this be justified? Well the obvious example is when a province declares independence from the main country and begins to function as a separate state. By contrast, domestic factions and rebel groups would not be eligible, because they are still part of the main nation.

Offline Glashima

• Administrator
  • African Superpower
  • World Relations: 77
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 09:32:42 PM »
Ok, I am willing to make this a single admins approval deal. Meaning that the admins, at their discretion may approve any nation for a secondary on the spot, this will cut down on the red tape.

The second thing mentioned by Sabaland is more of a RP and player thing and I think would be a good idea, of course you would still need to inform the admin staff and players of the secondary nation but I think that would be met with even less opposition.

Offline Eritrea

• Diplomatic Nation
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 09:39:44 PM »
I think that would work better, and it has my vote!

Offline South West Africa

• African Superpower
  • World Relations: 46
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 01:28:54 AM »
I agree with both proposals really. Though Sabalands would make it easier to get a second state.

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
  • World Relations: 63
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »
I'm all for it.
:)

Offline The United Norse Federation.

• African Union
  • Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 3
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 07:05:14 PM »
It would be a rather interesting situation, and it does bring one important thing to bear in mind, and that is that when a new player desides he or she is serious about playing, they at least have the foundation for their nation already set.
Nexus Alliance

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 03:45:50 AM »
It would be a rather interesting situation, and it does bring one important thing to bear in mind, and that is that when a new player desides he or she is serious about playing, they at least have the foundation for their nation already set.

Good thinking.

So... shall we try to whip up a formal validation of the proposal and the nature thereof?

Othala

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 10:58:54 PM »
I, will consider. 

Offline Latin Union

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 8
  • Panlatinismus et Corporatismus
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 07:45:51 AM »
I vote in favor of this proposal.
"I believe in Rome, the Eternal, the mother of my country……I believe in the genius of Mussolini…and in the resurrection of the Empire."
NEXUS MEMBER

Offline Eritrea

• Diplomatic Nation
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 10:11:15 AM »
So...are we going to go ahead with this? Only activity seems to have dropped off badly in recent weeks and I reckon anything we can do to get people interested again would be a very good idea! :)

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 11:46:10 AM »
So...are we going to go ahead with this? Only activity seems to have dropped off badly in recent weeks and I reckon anything we can do to get people interested again would be a very good idea! :)

It's the summer slump.
People are on vacation or spend time with their friends/families (??!!).

But yeah, I'm tugging at the leashes. :P

Offline Eritrea

• Diplomatic Nation
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 12:12:04 PM »
Yes, it's the summer and people are busy with things that are rightfully more important. But then again, people are always going to be busy. Also, the recent lull in activity is more than just a seasonal slump- 2011 has seen far fewer posts than any other year!

Now we've been talking about scrapping or changing the multistating rule for nearly a month now; most people seem to be in favour and there have been no new comments for over two weeks. How much longer are we going to wait? With all due respect, if every single decision has to be cleared by admin team, many fo whom no longer even play here, then NSA is going to die. It's as simple as that. Now I apologise if I'm pushing, and I'm aware that my recent activity levels haven't been anything to write home about. But the fact is, I have time to RP now. Not after the summer. And I'm stuck for ideas with my main nation. I just want to be allowed to take a couple of provinces that no-one is using and seek out fresh inspiration, hopefully to the benefit of the entire community! I don't think that is so much to be asking... :-D

Offline Glashima

• Administrator
  • African Superpower
  • World Relations: 77
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 01:32:14 AM »
Ok, here's how its gonna be done, I am giving this the go-ahead, I will be accepting an approving applications for a secondary nation at the conclusion of this post but you must inform me of the name of your new nation if you are multistating. If you are planning to split off a part of your own nation the same thing applies, we need to know so that we know there is no foul play involved. Please remember that these nations are not in any way, shape or form meant to benefit your nations but rather to stand alone. Also, there will be a limit of 2 nations per player.

I am doing this to create more opportunity for players and I will meet players who abuse the trust of the admin staff with EXTREME prejudice, we have an opportunity to make this game better and to increase the longevity of gameplay and RP's.

Any admin member can approve another nation but it is then up to that admin to inform the others. As far as I know we can approve the application on the same day but I do ask 24 hours be given before approval.

Thank you for your time, input and patience.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:36:18 AM by Glashima »

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 11:52:04 AM »
Ok, here's how its gonna be done, I am giving this the go-ahead, I will be accepting an approving applications for a secondary nation at the conclusion of this post but you must inform me of the name of your new nation if you are multistating. If you are planning to split off a part of your own nation the same thing applies, we need to know so that we know there is no foul play involved. Please remember that these nations are not in any way, shape or form meant to benefit your nations but rather to stand alone. Also, there will be a limit of 2 nations per player.

I am doing this to create more opportunity for players and I will meet players who abuse the trust of the admin staff with EXTREME prejudice, we have an opportunity to make this game better and to increase the longevity of gameplay and RP's.

Any admin member can approve another nation but it is then up to that admin to inform the others. As far as I know we can approve the application on the same day but I do ask 24 hours be given before approval.

Thank you for your time, input and patience.

Allow me to be the first then:

I apply for playing The Kingdom of Serbia.

I have already spoken to HOE about him ceding control.
I can ask him to verify this for the record if so required.

That would be provinces 139, 140, 142 Northern Subregion.
Possibly 141 as well.
Does province 141 constitute Serbia or Hungary? I'm not sure.

Anyone?

Offline South West Africa

• African Superpower
  • World Relations: 46
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 04:47:50 PM »
I'll be second then.

I'll be applying to play the Republic of Al-Hasa. I'd like to claim the provinces 74, 75, 76, 77 and 78 in the Central sub region.

Offline Eritrea

• Diplomatic Nation
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 06:16:52 PM »
...and I'll be the third: North Subregion, Provinces 161, 162 & 163 as the Kingdom of Galicia and Volhynia.

Anyone?

Dan, 141 is the Vojvodina and is indeed part of Serbia, although before 1918 it was part of Hungary and still has a large Hungarian minority in the north around Senta and Subotica. :)

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 03:28:43 AM »
...and I'll be the third: North Subregion, Provinces 161, 162 & 163 as the Kingdom of Galicia and Volhynia.

Anyone?

Dan, 141 is the Vojvodina and is indeed part of Serbia, although before 1918 it was part of Hungary and still has a large Hungarian minority in the north around Senta and Subotica. :)

Well then, to maintain a Serbian spirit I'll request that one too. :D

Offline HOE

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: -18
  • Holy Orthodox Empire
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 02:20:34 PM »
Your request is accepted.  Now we just have to think out a nice transition:-)