Author Topic: Who's who?!?!  (Read 4264 times)

Offline Latin Union

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 8
  • Panlatinismus et Corporatismus
    • Email
Who's who?!?!
« on: July 11, 2010, 02:53:21 AM »
We'll my friends here I take ya'll on a journey to scope out who's who in the NSA world's pecking order. I in my geopolitical nerdiness will put my poiltical knowledge to use. Who's nations are minor powers, middle powers, regional powers, great powers, and perhaps even the coveted superpower! I'll do this by region, of course starting with my own.

Europe

Ah yes, Europe, easily the most violent region in NSA. We'd fight a war over a single hair. This region is home to 9 active nations, The United Kingdom of the Northern Atlantic, The Republic of Limburg, The Latin Union, Deutschland, The Federal Republic of Helvetica, The Empire of Austria, The United Norse Federation, The Republic of Finland, and The Holy Orthodox Empire.

Now it's time to introduce the standards I'll use to categorize these nations into their appropriate status. First off is the Power Dimension, of all of categories this is probably the most important as this describes the physical might of your nation both militarily and economically. Second comes the Spatial Dimension, this too is an important one, it describes a nation's scope of interest and influence on their area and upon foreign regions. Thrid is the actual Status Dimension, is is basically how the world views your nations power, do other nations think twice before messing with you? How does your nation view itself?

Limburg:

Ok let's get crackin, First up is lil ol' Limburg. This nation has been teetering on the brink of collapse and has just recently regained it's central government so clearly its power dimension is low due to it's still developing armed forces and unstable economic state. Limburg's Spatial is also low as it has little influence on it's neighbors, and it's scope of interest is almost entirely within Europe. Due to the results in the other two categories Limburg isn't viewed as a major force by it's regionmates and doesn't view nor portrait itself as such.

Power: Low
Spatial Influence (region): Low
Spatial Influence (world): Low (Europe)

Helvetica, Finland, and Germany: These three are in many ways in the same boat as Limburg. None have much might. For them their main influence and interests lie within Europe, and none are viewed as being of particular importance standing alone.

Spatial Influence (world) : Low (Europe)

United Norse Federation:

This nation is interesting as it has shown itself to have a considerate amount of military and economic might in The Nordic Revolution, in which it held off the Russian Empire by itself, and during the second Russo-Nordic War. Though I believe it's survival against Russia/HOE is still to an extent dependent upon Latin backing whether militarily our economically. The Norse's influence is moderate at best as though they're not viewed as being very powerful, they definitely demand enough importance to be seriously considered during any major events in the region. The NU's scope of interest seems to be enlarging as they've ventured into West Africa with the Nexus, and they're active in trade with many out of region nations, but they're interests seem to still be mostly in Europe. This nation's Nexus membership may lead to prolonged penetration by Latin influence.

Power: Moderate
Spatial Influence (region) : Moderate (Europe)
Spatial Influence (world): Low Moderate

Empire of Austria:

Another interesting case, this nation has yet to be tested in the area of power as the Empire hasn't been in any wars, but its continued recovery and rebuild up since the civil war that created it may give it a moderate amount of military force. Austria, like the NU, demands enough respect to be seriously considered during major events in the region. Austria's scope of interest, again like the NU, seems to be expanding as Austria is leading the Nexus venture in Western Sahara, and the Kaiser is beginning a diplomatic tour, but this nation lacks the NU's extensive foreign trade network. As with most of the European nations up to this point though, Austria's interests are focused on Europe. This nation's Nexus membership may lead to prolonged penetration by Latin influence.

Spatial Influence (region): Moderate
Spatial Influence (world): Low

United Kingdom of the Northern Atlantic:

This nation has shown incredible might during it's participation against the LU in the 1st Russo-Latin War by preventing conquest of Spain and Portugal. It is only appropriate for this nation to be seen as having a high amount of military might. The British have shown keen interest in dominating the Atlantic and on occasion the Mediterranean aswell as it attempted to secure Malta during the historic " 4 Powers Conference" held in Athens in early 2009. Any major event in Europe must immediately add in the UKNA has a possibly huge factor in it's outcome. Although this nation is allied with to the powerful Russians, it is clear that the Brits run their own show, but the do not have the influence to polarize the region's politics......though it is possible they could. The UKNA also shares with the Russian Empire/HOE and the LU the distinction of having in the past being openly and officially recognized as a Great Power by their regionmates.The UKNA has made little attempts to venture outside of the region.

Power: High
Spatial Influence (region): High

The Latin Union:

My beloved nation was born in war, fighting for its existance and simultaneously attempting to conquer Latin Europe. In both Russo-Latin Wars the Latins were furious warriors and proved that they meant business. Now the Latin Union is widely believe to have one of the most powerful armies in the region. The LU is one of the nations that weaker regional nations watch closely and react only when they know this nation's position on a major event. The LU also has enough influence over her neighbors to impose her will upon them as witnessed during the LU's threat to invade if Limburg didn't cede Walloonia. The LU's interests are widespread as they have expanded into Northern Africa, annexed Malta and Goa. There is also suspicion of Latin interests in Latin Africa. The LU also has a fair amount of trade with nations in other regions. The LU also unofficially leads the Nexus alliance in Europe, as one of the two major armed camps in Europe, this demostrates the nation's polarizing effect on it's regionmates.

Spatial Influence (regional): High
Spatial Influence (world): Moderate (Africa, Mediterrean, Indian Ocean)

Russian Empire/Holy Orthodox Empire:

Russia is a solid war machine of a nation, it has faired favorably in most of her ventures, her only territorial setback being the fall of Malta to the LU, the HOE's archnemisis. At any rate the Russian are a military powerhouse. Like the LU, Russia has the "wait and then act" effect on weaker nations in major events. Russia, also like her nemisis can and is more than willing to impose her will upon neighboring nations, a good example is Russia's conquest of Romania despite the total opposition of the then STARO alliance (New Androvsk, the LU, Praugsia). Russia has a wide scope of interest, this was made evident in it's recent occupation of former Byzantium. Russia has a fairly good extraregional trade network. Russia also unofficially leads it's own allies in opposition to the Nexus.

Spatial Influence (world): Moderate ( Eurasia, Mediterranean)

So my conclusion for Europe is, 2 Great Powers, 1 Great Regional Power, 2 Regional Powers, and 4 Minor Powers. I'll do the Middle East next, but for now we can disscuss my ratings for Europe.  :-D
"I believe in Rome, the Eternal, the mother of my country……I believe in the genius of Mussolini…and in the resurrection of the Empire."
NEXUS MEMBER

Offline South West Africa

• African Superpower
  • World Relations: 46
    • Email
Re: Who's who?!?!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 08:46:15 AM »
Cool. Seems reasonable I'd say. Can't wait for you ro do the Middle East and Africa  :-D

Offline Suez Canal Company

• Administrator
  • Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 03:20:33 PM »
Cant wait for an east one!
Proud member since March 21, 2008
The State formerly known as East Xibeiguo

helvetica

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 05:18:35 PM »
The Helvetic Republic officially condemns this shallow analysis and unofficially totally agrees.

Offline Hobbeebia

• The Opposition
  • Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: 11
  • The Majestic Imperium of Hobbeebia
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 05:38:27 PM »
Most agreed...
<br /><br />http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eos/index.php?act=idx<br />- High Fantasy Character/Nation Simulation RPG made by me!

Offline Israel

• The Opposition
  • Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: -7
  • United in Diversity
    • Israel
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:50:04 AM »
Very cool. The Middle East one will be interesting...

Offline Eritrea

• Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: 12
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 10:50:54 AM »
I absolutely cannot wait to see more of these...

Offline The United Norse Federation.

• African Union
  • Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 3
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »
It isn't Latinian influence exactly, but the fact that the Latinians are vary close to the Norse people in ways of their struggles, enemies, and goals in mind. The Latinians and the Norse both also have simaler histories and golden ages in anchent times, like the Roman Empire and the Kalmar Union. And both draw on the greatness of their ancestors, like the Federation draws on their heritage from the Vikings, and the Latinians from their past. To put it simply, the United Norse Federation, and the Latin Union, are almost mirror images to eachother in so many ways. And that is why the Norse people love the latinians.

Nexus Alliance

Offline Occupied Guardia

• Infant Nation
  • World Relations: -1
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 07:22:30 PM »
So...

When can we expect the next edition?
Death is only but a means to an end....

Offline Latin Union

• Advanced Nation
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 08:42:39 PM »
I'll be working on it as soon as I have freetime, but it'll be a little while til I have a chance to post it. My laptop died last week and is currently undergoing repairs.  :-P
"I believe in Rome, the Eternal, the mother of my country……I believe in the genius of Mussolini…and in the resurrection of the Empire."
NEXUS MEMBER

Offline Hobbeebia

• The Opposition
  • Diplomatic Nation
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 12:11:05 PM »
Good God man... light a fire under the mans butt and tell him to get it done!
<br /><br />http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eos/index.php?act=idx<br />- High Fantasy Character/Nation Simulation RPG made by me!

Offline Israel

• The Opposition
  • Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: -7
  • United in Diversity
    • Israel
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 01:15:56 PM »
I reckon I can do this sort of thing, for the Middle East anyways.

Middle East

Albania:

This small nation is born of a somewhat strange and chaotic world. In a region that doesn't seem to be able to maintain any sort of permanent government it is the newest in a long line of nations to enter the region. Bordered on the northern edge of the Middle East and buttressing up against the Holy Orthodox Empire they must be masters of diplomacy to keep a largely expansionist, and very powerful, HOE from crossing their border.

Spatial Influence (region):Low (Middle East)

Iran:

A nation born of blood and turmoil and quite possibly the testing ground for just about every single one of its neighbours newest and best weapons. Largely quiet on any stage it tends to keep to itself and try and follow a peaceable path far out of line from its traditional political and religious leanings. Currently ruled by the first Iranian government to ever recognize the state of Israel it has been a major partner in contributing to the peace that now holds sway in the Middle East.

Confederate Republics:

The Confederate Republics has held land in the Middle east longer then any of the regions current administrations have existed. Generally a peaceable and generous nation the CR has gone above and beyond the call to secure its own economic future by seizing large areas of natural gas and oil production. Recently the government has been relatively quiet and simply continued it maintain its numerous projects aimed at bettering its own people and those of the world around them. Without the CR and its policies the region would much more prone to flare ups of violence.

Spatial Influence (region): Low (Middle East)
*Please note the Confederate Republics outline above is ONLY for its effect on the Middle east and in no way reflects it complete powerbase.

Canaan Directorate:

The Canaan Directorate is a nation of warriors and diplomats who have strived from the very beginning to establish a long and lasting peace in the Middle East. With humble beginnings in Israel the Directorate fought, negotiated and eventually united the entirety of the Arabian peninsula and the vast majority of the Middle Eastern coastline. Throughly committed to its own peoples the government has made great efforts to create a Utopia free of violence, crime, hunger, and pollution. They have been successful in more areas then others. The foreign policy of the Directorate has been fairly straight forward as their armies rarely march beyond the Middle East and when they do it is merely to support another nations efforts to stabilize a strife ridden region.

Spatial Influence (world): Low (Mediterranean, Arabian Sea)

I of course bow to the LU's wisdom if he wishes to change anything but I think I have summed it up fairly well.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:13:03 AM by Canaan Directorate »

Offline Latin Union

• Advanced Nation
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 09:44:19 PM »
I actually agree with your assessment Dylan, I like your inclusion of the Confederates. I actually forgot they had territory in Iran.
NEXUS MEMBER

Offline Hobbeebia

• The Opposition
  • Diplomatic Nation
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 09:22:07 AM »
Very good.

• African Superpower
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 05:15:45 AM »
Not bad at all.

Offline Republic of Stellaland

• Victoria League
  • Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: 15
  • In hoc Signo Vinces
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 08:41:13 AM »
Can't wait for the Africa edition :D

Offline Latin Union

• Advanced Nation
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 11:02:40 AM »
Heads up, I'll be posting the review for Africa soon!!!  :-D
NEXUS MEMBER

Offline Republic of Stellaland

• Victoria League
  • Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: 15
  • In hoc Signo Vinces
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 11:10:19 AM »

*cheers*

• African Superpower
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 01:41:26 PM »

Can't wait  :-)

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
  • World Relations: 63
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 02:32:49 PM »
This reminds me...should I take up the old "Fighting Styles" I did quite a while back?