Author Topic: So Who Are You Behind The Screenname? (OOC)  (Read 22855 times)

Astoria Admin

So Who Are You Behind The Screenname? (OOC)
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2005, 03:58:26 PM »
Education at University-level:
German: 2 Semesters
History: 1 Semester
English: 1 Semester
Chemistry: 1 Semester
Math: 1 Semester
Nutrition: 1 Semester

As well... way too many exams... and I'm leaving this school this summer and taking history and english classes at my local community college.

Offline Hiiraan

• Diplomatic Nation
  • World Relations: -12
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2005, 04:30:50 PM »
Question: Who is behind the Screen Name OOC

Answer: ME!
New Theory to the World

Republic of Kambali

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 10:18:34 PM »
I'm Andrew Roush, and I founded Kambali in mid-November 2004. Kambali is more or less how I'd run a country, though I can't say that with much certainty.

I'm 18 years-old and I live in central Texas. I start attending the University of Texas this summer (Hook 'em, Horns!) and will be majoring in Government/International Relations.

Besides that, I'm a musician (I play percussion, proud member of Teal Sound Drum Corps 2004), and I do a lot of other stuff...

Anyway, that's the very basics.

What about pics of everyone? Or is that too personal?

Astoria Admin

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 11:02:43 PM »
Quote from: Republic of Kambali
I'm 18 years-old and I live in central Texas. I start attending the University of Texas this summer (Hook 'em, Horns!)

Tuck Fexas!!! Go Sooners!

Republic of Kambali

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 09:23:29 AM »
Tsk. Tsk. Poor Oklahoman can't spell...  :)

New Guinea-Bissau

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 09:42:51 AM »
I'm Chris Jackson, and I founded this nation...erm, about a week ago now.

I'm actually not that much of a stranger to NationStates, having tried and failed to create several RPing nations over the past few years. To let you in on a little secret, I'm actually the typist that was behind Rodavia (I had Morocco and leaky smallpox missiles) and Euro-Switzerland. Both died and faded away due to me having too much college work, but third time lucky (I hope.)

I'm 17 (18 in June), English, and currently attending Sixth Form College before my exams in four weeks time. Then, I will (hopefully) be attending the University of Bath and doing a Bachelorate of Arts in Politics, with a minor in Economics.

Offline Djiboutian States

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 1
    • http://Djiboutianstates.tripod.com
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 10:45:28 AM »
Are you going to find Islam and change your name to Mahmoud Abdul Rauf like the Chris Jackson that played hoops for the Denver Nuggets?
From the desk of Optimus Prime Minister.

South Africa

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 01:31:57 PM »
My name's actually Willem Andres, which not many people know because when I moved to the US I kind of hid the fact that I had an Afrikaaner first name.  I currently live in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania, which blows because it's growing way too fast.  I have citizenship in South Africa and in the United States (reasons:  I was born in SA and moved to the US as a permanent).  I founded NSA when I decided I was getting bored with Bellanique in NSEurope.  I still run that country by the way.

I was born in Pretoria, South Africa.  We later moved to Bloemfontein and I lived there for a while until we moved to the US when I was about 17 years old.  My mum is a French-Canadian Afrikaaner (weird combination) and my dad is a full-blooded Afrikaaner.  I speak English, Afrikaans, French, German, and Spanish (not a lot, but enough).  I attempted to learn Xhosa and Zulu, but as an Afrikaaner, it's a bit hard because I still sort of speak English with a bit of an Afrikaaner accent.  Although my official accent sounds more British than anything.  

I went was in primary school most of my life in SA then when we moved I was introduced to the ever-so-drug-infested Seneca Valley HS in Harmony, Pennsylvania.  Oh yeah, lemme tell ya.  Beautiful campus but you could buy heroin on the third floor.  

I currently attend Penn State University at Beaver to finish my core classes and then I'm headed to Goethe Universität in Frankfurt, Germany.  I major in International Relations and minor in International Business.  I'm also taking Standard French so that I know more than just québecois and créole haïtien.  

My favourite food is filet mignon and fresh imported South African lobster (only good at the Georgetowne Inn on Mt. Washington).  My favourite drink is Dr. Pepper (never had it in SA).  My favourite candy is Starbursts (never had it in SA either).  

Aspirations:  I want to work for the South African government as an ambassador to Germany or France.

That's me in a nutshell.

Republic of Kambali

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2005, 01:47:13 PM »
Andy reminds me, what's everyone's aspirations?

Personally, I'd like to work in the US State Department/Foreign Service, ideally as an ambassador in west Africa or as a US representative, attache, etc. at the UN. After I finish my undergraduate studies at UT, I'd like to get a gradutate degree, perhaps at Georgetown or in Europe.

I'm about to begin intensively studying foreign languages, any suggestions?  :)

New Guinea-Bissau

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2005, 02:17:36 PM »
Quote from: Djiboutian States
Are you going to find Islam and change your name to Mahmoud Abdul Rauf like the Chris Jackson that played hoops for the Denver Nuggets?

No. :) Short answer, eh?

My own aspirations is to go into Politics when I am old enough. By "go into", I mean I would like to stand for Parliament at some point and (maybe someday) get a government position.

South Africa

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 02:24:29 PM »
AFRIKAANS Andrew... although it's not a very practical language. lol

Astoria Admin

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2005, 03:59:36 PM »
Quote from: Republic of Kambali
Andy reminds me, what's everyone's aspirations?
I'd like a job in the US State Dept. I think it would be awesome to represent the US in any nation in Europe.  Other than that, right now I'm just wanting to live a normal life, get married, family, etc, etc... At some point in my life I want to pick up duel citizenship as a Canadian. Other than that...

This poor Oklahoman, is going to continue to yell Tuck Fexas, and hope we still have a chance to win the Red River Shootout without Jason White and what seems like half our team that left for the draft.

Offline Djiboutian States

• Advanced Nation
  • World Relations: 1
    • http://Djiboutianstates.tripod.com
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2005, 04:04:23 PM »
I just want to be a homeless guy who knows alot about marketing.....

Actually I want to move into sports marketing, swindle people out of their money, represent overpaid entertainers, then retire on the Med with oodles of money and a hot wife.
From the desk of Optimus Prime Minister.

Republic of Kambali

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2005, 05:31:41 PM »
To be honest, Nate, I still think OU will beat Texas...we always blow the big games.  :cry:

Furthermore, sports marketing sounds very cool.

Hein

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2005, 06:48:29 PM »
To be a college professor, so that I may torture people and get paid for it.

Offline Warlordia

• War Moderator
  • Administrator
  • African Superpower
  • World Relations: 63
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2005, 04:02:03 PM »
Get a longer-lasting job as a teacher than this temporary s**t.

Hein

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2005, 04:59:56 PM »
Write a manifesto.  You can use it to conquer your nearby Schoolboard.

Thabia

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2005, 05:27:26 AM »
My name is Jamie MacIver, and I am a blast from your past.

A few of you older folks may remember Engleland, the democratic marxist state that simply would never work  if an ounce of realism was put into the equasion, or more likely you would remember Chuda, the first non-despotic state in Africa, the belligerent conquerors of a large ammount, sworn enemies of Akhtendum and victors (or so i say :P) of the East African war.

After a couple attempts are reviving Chuda a while back i lost interest in it and gave up on it. Today though is the first general election in England (which I am from btw) that i was eligible to vote in and it got me thinking about politically minded stuff so i decided to try this again, with an attempt at a nation that would be far more realisitic than the likes of Engleland, and less contraversial than the likes of Chuda.

I am 19, currently working in a bar saving money for university this year (i start in september) where i will go on to study Philosophy. My education so far consists of A-level in Philosophy, Psychology, English Literature and Maths (not that most people here know what a-levels are...)

What are my aspirations? To be supreme Dictator of the World of course! Failing that i'd like to earn lots of money. I have top secret plans for both which i cannot disclose cause you might steal them!

Oh yeah, im also highly paranoid and i am being watched by the pod people...

Oh crap now they know im on to them.

New Guinea-Bissau

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2005, 05:46:12 AM »
Quote from: Thabia
(not that most people here know what a-levels are...)

Hey, some of us are from England. :P

Couldn't vote though - a month too young.  :evil:

Astoria Admin

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2005, 07:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Thabia
A few of you older folks may remember Engleland, the democratic marxist state that simply would never work  if an ounce of realism was put into the equasion, or more likely you would remember Chuda, the first non-despotic state in Africa, the belligerent conquerors of a large ammount, sworn enemies of Akhtendum and victors (or so i say :P) of the East African war.

I remember ya! Welcome back! It's always great to see members from the past return!